vel Hamus Hermeticus
sub Figura XC
- In the name of the Lord of Initiation, Amen.
- I fly and I alight as an hawk: of mother-of-emerald are my mighty-sweeping wings.
- I swoop down upon the black earth; and it gladdens into green at my coming.
- Children of Earth! rejoice! rejoice exceedingly; for your salvation is at hand.
- The end of sorrow is come; I will ravish you away into mine unutterable joy.
- I will kiss you, and bring you to the bridal: I will spread a feast before you in the house of happiness.
- I am not come to rebuke you, or to enslave you.
- I bid you not turn from your voluptuous ways, from your idleness, from your follies.
- But I bring you joy to your pleasure, peace to your languor, wisdom to your folly.
- All that ye do is right, if so be that ye enjoy it.
- I am come against sorrow, against weariness, against them that seek to enslave you.
- I pour you lustral wine, that giveth you delight both at the sunset and the dawn.
- Come with me, and I will give you all that is desirable upon the earth.
- Because I give you that of which Earth and its joys are but as shadows.
- They flee away, but my joy abideth even unto the end.
- I have hidden myself beneath a mask: I am a black and terrible God.
- With courage conquering fear shall ye approach me: ye shall lay down your heads upon mine altar, expecting the sweep of the sword.
- But the first kiss of love shall be radiant on your lips; and all my darkness and terror shall turn to light and joy.
- Only those who fear shall fail. Those who have bent their backs to the yoke of slavery until they can no longer stand upright; them will I despise.
- But you who have defied the law; you who have conquered by subtlety or force; you will I take unto me, even I will take you unto me.
- I ask you to sacrifice nothing at mine altar; I am the God who giveth all.
- Light, Life, Love; Force, Fantasy, Fire; these do I bring you: mine hands are full of these.
- There is joy in the setting-out; there is joy in the journey; there is joy in the goal.
- Only if ye are sorrowful, or weary, or angry, or discomforted; then ye may know that ye have lost the golden thread, the thread wherewith I guide you to the heart of the groves of Eleusis.
- My disciples are proud and beautiful; they are strong and swift; they rule their way like mighty conquerors.
- The weak, the timid, the imperfect, the cowardly, the poor, the tearful -- these are mine enemies, and I am come to destroy them.
- This also is compassion: an end to the sickness of earth. A rooting-out of the weeds: a watering of the flowers.
- O my children, ye are more beautiful than the flowers: ye must not fade in your season.
- I love you; I would sprinkle you with the divine dew of immortality.
- This immortality is no vain hope beyond the grave: I offer you the certain consciousness of bliss.
- I offer it at once, on earth; before an hour hath struck upon the bell, ye shall be with Me in the Abodes that are beyond Decay.
- Also I give you power earthly and joy earthly; wealth, and health, and length of days. Adoration and love shall cling to your feet, and twine around your heart.
- Only your mouths shall drink of a delicious wine -- the wine of Iacchus; they shall reach ever to the heavenly kiss of the Beautiful God.
- I reveal unto you a great mystery. Ye stand between the abyss of height and the abyss of depth.
- In either awaits you a Companion; and that Companion is Yourself.
- Ye can have no other Companion.
- Many have arisen, being wise. They have said 'Seek out the glittering Image in the place ever golden, and unite yourselves with It.'
- Many have arisen, being foolish. They have said, 'Stoop down unto the darkly splendid world, and be wedded to that Blind Creature of the Slime.'
- I who am beyond Wisdom and Folly, arise and say unto you: achieve both weddings! Unite yourselves with both!
- Beware, beware, I say, lest ye seek after the one and lose the other!
- My adepts stand upright; their head above the heavens, their feet below the hells.
- But since one is naturally attracted to the Angel, another to the Demon, let the first strengthen the lower link, the last attach more firmly to the higher.
- Thus shall equilibrium become perfect. I will aid my disciples; as fast as they acquire this balanced power and joy so faster will I push them.
- They shall in their turn speak from this Invisible Throne; their words shall illumine the worlds.
- They shall be masters of majesty and might; they shall be beautiful and joyous; they shall be clothed with victory and splendour; they shall stand upon the firm foundation; the kingdom shall be theirs; yea, the kingdom shall be theirs.
- In the name of the Lord of Initiation. Amen.
New search in this document/chapter:
Build a concordance for this document/chapter: