sub Figura DLXX
- O my God! One is Thy Beginning! One is Thy Spirit, and Thy Permutation One!
- Let me extol Thy perfections before men.
- In the Image of a Sixfold Star that flameth across the Vault inane, let me re-veil Thy perfections.
- Thou hast appeared unto me as an agid God, a venerable God, the Lord of time, bearing a sharp sickle.
- Thou hast appeared unto me as a jocund and ruddy God, full of Majesty, a King, a Father in his prime. Thou didst bear the sceptre of the Universe, crowned with the Wheel of Spirit.
- Thou hast appeared unto me with sword and spear, a warrior God in flaming armour among Thine horsemen.
- Thou hast appeared unto me as a young and brilliant God, a god of music and beauty, even as a young god in his strength, playing upon the lyre.
- Thou hast appeared unto me as the white foam of Ocean gathered into limbs whiter than the foam, the limbs of a miracle of women, as a goddess of extreme love, bearing the girdle of gold.
- Thou hast appeared to me as a young boy mischievous and lovely, with Thy winged globe and its serpents set upon a staff.
- Thou hast appeared to me as an huntress among Thy dogs, as a goddess virginal chaste, as a moon among the faded oaks of the wood of years.
- But I was deceived by none of these. All these I cast aside, crying: Begone! So that all these faded from my vision.
- Also I welded together the Flaming Star and the Sixfold Star in the forge of my soul, and behold! a new star 418 that is above all these.
- Yet even so was I not deceived; for the crown hath twelve rays.
- And these twelve rays are one.
New search in this document/chapter:
Build a concordance for this document/chapter: